Our Group Strategy Machi-dukuri
Our "Machi-dukuri" Strategy allows us to respond to changes in the consumer environment as well as to the diversifying values and needs of consumers to provide customer satisfaction.
This strategy is comprised of various fundamental approaches to management and sales.
Two concepts form our "Machi-dukuri" Strategy.
The first concept is for Takashimaya to serve as the core of each city in which it is located and function as an anchor point which attracts people to the entire city as well as promote efforts including cooperation with local government and nearby commercial facilities.
The second concept is for Takashimaya to work towards the combination of department stores and specialty shops in order to improve product lineups, services, and shopping environments. By maximizing department store attractiveness, we will aim to provide our customers with a sense of excitement and enjoyment similar to that found when walking around town.
Takashimaya will promote the creation of its own unique commercial facilities by utilizing the commercial production strength of Toshin Development, a business which helps support this strategy.
- Tamagawa Takashimaya S.C.
- Tamagawa Takashimaya S.C. symbolizes our "Machi-dukuri" Strategy. It features a wide variety of product offerings through its great mix of department store sales floors and popular specialty stores. In addition, Takashimaya strives to provide the high-quality service expected of a department store throughout the shopping center as Toshin Development handles the shopping center's space and facility management needs.
Commercial facility management optimally suited for local environments in Japan and overseas leads to maximum results.
- Takashimaya Times Square (Shinjuku)
- Takashimaya Times Square underwent interior remodeling as well as an extensive renovation of its South Building as part of the environmental changes which came about with the completion of the Shinjuku Station South Exit Infrastructure Development Project. In the fall of 2016, a plan was implemented in which all buildings were placed under management of Toshin Development aimed at creating a next-generation commercial facility which combines both a department store and specialty shops.
September 2016 Participated in the planning of Kinokuniya Southern Theater (South Building)
December 2016 Interior retailer Nitori opens Takashimaya Times Square store (South Building)
April 2017 Takashimaya Duty Free Shop SHILLA & ANA opens
- Ho Chi Minh City Takashimaya (Saigon Centre)
- Takashimaya location was opened as an anchor tenant of Saigon Centre, a complete one-stop shopping center located in Ho Chi Minh City, a city which is experiencing remarkable economic growth. Management know-how obtained from integrating our department store, real estate, and commercial facility management businesses through our Singapore Takashimaya SC operations is also being used for our business efforts in Vietnam.
July 2016 Ho Chi Minh City Takashimaya (Saigon Centre) opens
- Nihombashi Takashimaya S.C.
- Takashimaya will open a new urban-type shopping center in the center of Tokyo as a new symbol of our "machi-dukuri" strategy. Nihombashi Takashimaya S.C. will consist of four buildings, the main building of Nihombashi Takashimaya, which is an Important Cultural Property of Japan, the adjacent New Wing and East Building, expanding the size of the location, and the Watch Maison building, which opened in 2015. The specialty shop areas of the New Wing and East Building will be managed by Toshin Development. Integration of a department store with specialty shops will allow us to respond to the needs of our customers in more ways.
March 2018 Opening of the East Building
September 2018 Opening of the new building and street-level Galleria
In the Spring of 2019 Grand opening of the entire renovated facility
- Siam Takashimaya
- Siam Takashimaya will open as an anchor tenant in the shopping mall of ICONSIAM, which is a large-scale mixed development project in Bangkok, Thailand.
Scheduled to open in the fall of 2018